Many of us recognise the importance of training our bodies to keep physically well, but how many of us spend any time training our minds to keep us mentally well?
Mindfulness meditation is a way of training the mind to be less reactive and calmer, enabling you to be more in control. It helps us spend more time becoming Human Beings rather than Human Doings!
With regular practice it has multiple benefits* including:
- Reduced stress, depression, anxiety and irritability
- More satisfying relationships
- Reduction on the impact of pain, improved immune system
- Decreased risk of hypertension
- Greater awareness, understanding and acceptance of emotions
- Less frequent negative thoughts
- Higher self-esteem
- Better sleep and attention span
- Feeling more in control of behaviour
*According to the UK's Mental Health Foundation's 2010 Mindfulness Report.
If you are interested in learning how to meditate, why not contact me to experience it?
Don't worry you don't need to sit on the floor, chant or burn incense! I teach a secular version of meditation (not affiliated to any religion).
It's very calming and most people report feeling better after their very first experience.
For one hour of guided meditation, with the opportunity to learn more about this beneficial practice, ask questions and be supported in your practice.
1:1 £50 for private tuition
1:2 £26 each
1:3 £20 each
1:4 £15 each
Why not get together with a friend or two to do this?
Mindfulness Meditation courses
Please drop me an email if you are interested in joining the next eight week Mindfulness Meditation course. More details click here