Please note that due to the current coronavirus situation I am not currently offering face-to-face sessions. However I am happy to arrange 'virtual' sessions by Zoom. Please contact me if you are interested.
Hypnotherapy - What to expect
- We will begin with a free telephone* consultation so that you can tell me what you would like to work on.
- If we decide to work together we will meet for an initial session in my garden room in Ropley, near Alresford, where I will take a more detailed history from you so that I can tailor your treatment specifically to you.
- In this initial session you will also have your first experience of hypnotherapy which most people find very enjoyable.
- This first session may last up to 90 minutes.
Subsequent sessions will be around 60 minutes.
- Most issues can be resolved within 4 - 6 sessions and sessions may be weekly or fortnightly. Longer-term issues may require more sessions to resolve.
- Sessions are a combination of talking therapy, CBT and hypnotherapy.
- In addition to our face-to-face meetings I offer written materials, follow up emails and phone-calls to support you throughout the process.
- I will contact you periodically afterwards to see how you are progressing and to ensure that the changes you have made continue to benefit you.
* we can also arrange to use FaceTime, Skype, Zoom or What's App video or audio if preferred (only for initial consultation)
Why choosing hypnotherapy can work for you
- If it's time for a change you're in the right place. How you proceed is up to you. You decide the agenda. What would it be like for you to get started today?
- We will work collaboratively to identify and address your issues and then make new choices for a more fulfilling life. Each session we will agree what steps you need to take before we meet again, and then assess your progress towards your goal.
- Clients often tell me how helpful it is to speak to someone impartial who won't get upset or angry or laugh when they share their concerns.
- You will get the most out of it if you are frank and honest about your concerns and are willing to trust your therapist and be open to the process.
- I can support and encourage you to fulfill your potential. I will help you to identify your strengths and focus on your goals. Together we will examine your beliefs and how they can be holding you back and then work together to develop new skills.
- Therapy offers you a safe and confidential environment to talk with a professional who will listen to you in a non-judgmental, impartial and objective way.